Chloroquine Phosphate

Forum dedicated to marine fish sales
Jason_MrFrags

Chloroquine Phosphate

Post by Jason_MrFrags » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:13 am

Chloroquine Phosphate is great for general quarantine of marine fish.  
CP is a replacement for both copper sulfate and quinine and it is superior to copper sulfate and all quinine salts.  CP is used as a bacteriacide, analagecide and as an antimalarial.  It is superior in the fight against ICH, slimness of the skin and flukes and can be used as both a treatment and a preventative.

Typical dosage for quarantine is 40mg/Gallon (app. 1/8th tsp./10gallon) for ten days. This is a one dose treatment. 

Batch #20171216 exp. 4/2020
99.9% pure Chloroquine Phosphate
No fillers, no binders.   

I personally have been selling this product since July 2013, and using it on ALL fish in my 500g system for even longer.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Quarantine should be done in a sterilized QT/Hospital tank with fresh mixed water, as there are some bacteria that can develop in your existing saltwater system that can break down the Chloroquine Phosphate and reduce concentration below therapeutic levels.
If water changes need to be performed to reduce ammonia, then chloroquine phosphate needs to be redosed for amount of water changed. 10g treats 250 gallons...25g treats 625 gallons...50g treats 1250 gallons....100g treats 2500 gallons.
For treatment of existing Cryptocaryon irritans(ich), Amyloodinium ocellatum (marine velvet) and brooklynella (brook) up to 80mg/gallon (app.1/4th tsp./10gal) can be used.

This is NOT Pharmaceutical grade! That would be Illegal, since you would need a prescription!
CAUTION!!!!!This is for aquarium and ornamental fish only. Not for human use.
Keep out of the reach of children. Store in a dark, cool, dry place. Not to be given to fish intended for food use.
By purchasing you are agreeing to these terms:  This is to certify that the antibiotics and other medications purchased by myself or any company employees will be used only in the treatment and maintenance of ornamental fish.  I am aware of the restrictions placed on the sale of these products and agree the personnel responsible for the treatment of our ornamental fish will be instructed in their proper usage.  We agree not to intentionally divert these chemicals for any other use and have been instructed to establish and maintain records of the purchase and use of these items. 

Please note that this medication is Not reef safe. Chloroquine Phosphate is toxic to all algae, corals, worms and most inverts. It is recommended that fish be treated in a separate hospital tank.
If used in a fish only system, the biological filter will continue to function but ammonia levels must be monitored as dead/dying worms/inverts and algae in the tank can easily overwhelm the biological filter.

10g $11
25g $17
50g $30
100g $55

ImageImage

woodsclowns

Re: Chloroquine Phosphate

Post by woodsclowns » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:27 pm

Love Cp! I'll have to remember this when I need more! Use to quarantine everything!!!